Want to take a nice train trip through southern France, but don’t know where to go? I can highly recommend this Southern France itinerary! I made the trip myself in 2023 and would go back again in a heartbeat. In this guide, you will find the inspiration for the route and basic information, such as travel time, train costs, information about French trains and where to book tickets, and some basic information about the destinations. The guide is intended for those who like to plan their own trips, but are especially very overwhelmed by the amount of choice with train journeys.
The travel route guide contains:
- A ready-made route through southern France
- All the train information you need in France
- Important train details such as travel time and a price indication for both high season and low season
- Basic information about the stops you make
- Links to blogs where you can find more information about locations on the route
- Links to my go-to platforms for hotels and activities
- Basic information about the country such as best travel time
The whole route takes about 10 hours and includes 7 stops (1 of which is a transfer stop). You could do the route in a week. If you want to take it a little slower, I would recommend 10 to 14 days.